What Parents Need to Know
Parents need to know that this movie has cartoon-style peril and violence with some thrill-ride-ish special effects. There's a little potty language ("booty," "fanny") plus some potty jokes, including an extended fart joke sequence. There's also some mild sexual humor, including jokes about cross-dressing and "fixing" a dog. Great messages abound about following your dreams and not giving up.
- Families can talk about the great messages here of not giving up and following your dreams. What other movies have characters that are both resilient and big dreamers?
- How do Rodney's and Ratchet's ideas about helping people differ? Why doesn't Crank want to try and what changes his mind? What's the difference between Bigweld's and Ratchet's views on what a corporation should do?
- Why did Rodney say that the most important thing his parents gave him was believing in him? Who can you help by believing in them?
- If you could be an inventor like Rodney, what would you like to invent?
- Families might like to learn about the history of inventions and becoming an inventor.