What Parents Need to Know
Parents need to know that this adventure features some mature themes, including war, political corruption, armed occupation, race relations, and genocide -- not exactly what you expect from an animated fantasy film. While the language is mostly insults, and the sexuality is limited to flirting and one innocent kiss, the violence is rather prominent and frequent. The entire plot revolves around getting two races to declare war on each other, and some scenes portray atrocities that one army committed against innocent civilians. The protagonist creatures may be winged, but this is no fairy tale.
- Families can talk about whether animated violence is more or less upsetting than real-life violence. Why?
- Is this movie more violent than most animated films?
- What is the impact of seeing violent behavior in the media?
- Families can also discuss the movie's social and political themes.
- Whatcan we learn about the way the Nohrin and Lockni interacted? What aresome ways they discriminated against each other? Kids: Could youunderstand what was going on, or was the story too complicated?