On July 20, Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy comes to a close with The Dark Knight Rises, starring Christian Bale as the tormented superhero and Tom Hardy as Bane, the nemesis who may finally bring him down. On the eve of Comic-Con and with the hotly anticipated release a mere week and a half away, do we have a giveaway for you! All you need to do is comment below (using a valid email address, which will not be published) and tell us what you're most looking forward to seeing in the movie. Enter for a chance to win:
2 Set of 4 Tattoos in Case – ARV $16
2 Three Screen Cleaners on Card – ARV $26
1 Worn Hat with Chalk Bat – ARV $24
1 Distressed Worn “Bane” Hat – ARV $18
1 Ladies’ “Catwoman Standing” Tank Top – ARV $26
1 Next Level Men’s “Bane Standing” Black T-shirt – ARV $30
1 Next Level Men’s “Batman Standing” Black T-shirt – ARV $30
1 Digital Watch – ARV $198
1 Hoodie with Sewn Fabric Bat and Hidden Compartment – ARV $150
1 Set of Three 3D Acrylic Mask Paperweights – ARV $400
2 Soundtrack CD – SRP $30
1 Pair IMAX tickets
Open to U.S. residents 18 or older only. Winner will be chosen at random July 24, and have (3) days to respond before an alternate is selected. Please scroll to the bottom for the complete official rules.
Check out the movie's official site, Facebook page, and Twitter.
“The Dark Knight Rises Soundtrack featuring music by Hans Zimmer!”
Movies.com’s The Dark Knight Rises Sweepstakes - Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Movies.com’s The Dark Knight Rises Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of forty-nine (49) states of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Rhode Island, all U.S. territories and possessions and all overseas military installations) who are at least 18 years of age or older as of July 9, 2012, with access to the Internet at all times during the Sweepstakes Period (defined below) and subsequent Prize Award Period (defined below). All employees of Movies.com, LLC (“Sponsor”), Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (“Warner Bros.”), and all associated agencies and each of their respective parent corporations, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, contractors, vendors, licensees or agents, and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (all of the foregoing, together with Sponsor collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. All applicable laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these "Official Rules" and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes entry period begins as of 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") on July 10, 2012 and ends as of 5:00 p.m. PT on July 24, 2012 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Winners will be selected from entries properly submitted pursuant to these Official Rules.
3. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: During the Sweepstakes Period, you may submit an entry by posting a blog entry on Movies.com’s site. Limit one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during each Sweepstakes Period. Any attempts by an entrant to submit more than one (1) entry into a Sweepstakes Period will result in such entrant being disqualified. Entries displaying or containing profanity or that are obscene or otherwise inappropriate (as determined by Sponsor) will be disqualified, as will entries that violate copyright laws or infringe on any third party rights. Entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the account or e-mail address through which the blog entry was submitted.
4. PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant by entering and the Winner (defined below) by accepting a prize grants to Sponsor and Sponsor's affiliates, legal representatives, assigns and licensees, all right, title and interest in and to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant’s name, city, state and biographical material (collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval.
5. SELECTION OF SWEEPSTAKES WINNER: One potential winner (“Winner”) will be selected from all eligible entries received in a random drawing to be held on or about July 24, 2012. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. The potential Winner will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address used to submit his/her blog entry within two (2) days after the drawing ("Prize Award Period"). The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding. In the event that the potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, award the applicable prize to an alternate potential winner selected at random. In Sponsor’s sole discretion, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (1) a potential prize winner’s failure to respond to notification promptly after its transmission; (2) the return of a notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts; (3) a potential prize winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (4) a potential prize winner’s failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within ten (10) days after its transmission; (5) a potential prize winner’s failure to validly claim the prize by July 27, 2012; and (6) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner.
6. PRIZES: One (1) prize (“Prize”) will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. The Prize will consist of: Two (2) sets of four (4) Tattoos in Case – (Approximate Retail Value [“ARV”] $16); two (2) sets of three (3) Screen Cleaners on Card (ARV $26); one (1) Worn Hat with Chalk Bat (ARV $24); one (1) Distressed Worn “Bane” Hat (ARV $18); one (1) Ladies’ “Catwoman Standing” Tank Top (ARV $26); one (1) Next Level Men’s “Bane Standing” Black T-shirt (ARV $30); one (1) Next Level Men’s “Batman Standing” Black T-shirt (ARV $30); one (1) Digital Watch (ARV $198); one (1) Hoodie with Sewn Fabric Bat and Hidden Compartment (ARV $150); one (1) Set of Three 3D Acrylic Mask Paperweights (ARV $400); two (2) Soundtrack CDs (ARV $30); and one (1) 2-Pack IMAX tickets. Total combined ARV of all prizes is nine hundred forty eight Dollars (ARV $948 (USD)). THE PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE).
No portion of the Prize will be replaced if lost or stolen. No part of the Prize is redeemable for cash (except as required by law) or transferable, except to a surviving spouse residing in the same household. All taxes are responsibility of the Winner. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of Winner for the actual value of the Prize received.
THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES (INCLUDING EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AFFILIATES) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY ARISING FROM USE OR REDEMPTION OF THE PRIZE, AS FURTHER SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURIES SUSTAINED BY WINNER OR WINNER’S GUEST FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING FROM ANY PART OF THE TRAVEL AND/OR ANY PART OF THE PRIZE OR ANY OTHER CAUSE(S) BEYOND SPONSOR’S REASONABLE CONTROL.
7. GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, the terms and conditions on the Website and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants waive the right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes itself. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind, (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (3) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the selection or notification of winners. Further, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at Sponsor's sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof). In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, Sponsor will select a prize winner from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action. Sponsor also reserves the right at Sponsor's sole discretion to disqualify the entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the Sweepstakes Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the Prize; participation in this Sweepstakes or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Sweepstakes information. Sweepstakes Entities make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with this Sweepstakes.
Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision; in any cause of action, the Sweepstakes Entities’ liability will be limited to Two Hundred and Fifty Dollars ($250.00), and in no event shall Sweepstakes Entities be liable for attorneys' fees and/or experts' fees and costs. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant waives the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
8. PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By participating in the Sweepstakes each entrant (including Winner) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, and agrees to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind arising out of, related to or in connection with the Sweepstakes or receipt or redemption of the Prize. The Winner assumes all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the Prize. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of California.
10. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS' LIST REQUESTS: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for notification of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Movies.com’s The Dark Knight Rises Sweepstakes Official Rules/Winner List Request, 12200 W. Olympic Boulevard, Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90064. Requests for winners' lists must be received no later than three months after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
11. SPONSOR: Movies.com, LLC, 12200 W. Olympic Boulevard, Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90064.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. and its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries are not responsible for the promotion, administration, or execution of this Sweepstakes.