We're liking the "Ask Me Anything" feature on Reddit, and lately a lot of actors, actresses and filmmakers have been using it to promote their upcoming projects. It works incredibly well for the folks who "get" the "anything goes" vibe over at Reddit, where you should be prepared to answer questions ranging from your career to things you like to stick up your ... anyway, it's fun. And Molly Ringwald made for an interesting subject when she opted to take on Reddit's AKA the other day because she "thought it would be something I'd like to do."
A few things we found out about her ..
1. Ringwald admitted she drinks the blood of Kristen Stewart when someone asked her how she manages to get hotter with age.
2. Judd Nelson was a jerk to Ringwald on and off the set, to the point that John Hughes almost fired him. "This is true. I think Judd was doing the method actor thing during rehearsals. He was wearing Bender's clothes and trying to annoy me. I was fine but John Hughes was very protective of me. We ended up having a powwow, led by Ally. I remember her telling me, "We have to get him focused. Like a laser!" I think a bunch of us including myself called John and asked him to reconsider. I am thankful he did."
3. On whether she was offered Julia Roberts' part in Pretty Woman first: "I think I saw an early draft and it was called "$3,000". I don't specifically remember turning it down. The script was okay but I gotta say, Julia Roberts is what makes that movie. It was her part. Every actor hopes for a part that lets them shine like that."
4. She almost made a Sixteen Candles sequel: "At one point, six years ago, I was considering participating in a sequel to Sixteen Candles. But John Hughes didn't want to have sequels to any of the movies I was in and I didn't feel comfortable doing it without his involvement."
5. She likes The Breakfast Club the best out of all her films: "Breakfast Club was my favorite. Sixteen Candles was the most fun."
6. Although she cannot perform the lipstick trick from The Breakfast Club: "First of all, I am Team James Spader. Regarding lipstick, it's all movie magic. There is a story behind that: John Hughes wrote it but never actually thought about me having to do it. He kept putting it off until the end of filming that long scene. I kept bringing it up, like, "Hey. We gotta figure this out. Are we going to have robotic breasts?" Finally we decided it was better to see less and let everyone assume that I was particularly skilled."
7. A fan tried to give her a car once: "When I was sixteen a fan tried to give me his brand new car. I was psyched but my mom wouldn't let me take it."
8. Her favorite movie is: "My favorite movie? Hard to pick just one. Nights of Cabiria is at the top. It's the movie that I showed my husband during our courtship. (He showed me Drunken Master 2.)."
Check out the rest of her chat over at Reddit.