You don’t need to be a young girl to know that The Twilight Saga: Eclipse is currently making bank at theaters. The third and some say best chapter in the teen vampire saga finds Bella (Kristen Stewart) caught between her love for sparkly, coiffed vamp Edward (Robert Pattinson) and her friendship with Jacob (Taylor Lautner), the shirt-challenged werewolf with the distractingly sick abs.
If you're ready to find out what has girls camping out overnight for tickets, now is as good a time as any to rent Twilight and The Twilight Saga: New Moon, both of which are available in several DVD and Blu-ray versions.While you're watching, keep in mind the following bits of trivia that you might not have known about the Twilight phenomenon.
* Stewart's eyes aren't permanently dilated because of drug use. The actress has naturally green eyes and wears brown contacts in the Twilight movies.
* Over 5,000 actors auditioned for the role of Edward. Henry Cavill was novelist Stephenie Meyer's first choice to play the character, but by the time production began the actor was 25 years old and a bit long in the tooth to play a high school student—even an undead one.
* Lautner wore a wig to play Jacob, but his abs are the real deal.
* The wolf pack actors went through "wolf camp" together to bond and get buff. It worked.
* Pattinson had never heard of the Twilight novels before casting. He showed up for casting because he liked Stewart's performance in Into the Wild.
* New Moon is now Pattinson's favorite book in the series.
* Twilight, directed by Catherine Hardwicke, is the highest grossing movie directed by a woman.
* Hardwicke backed out of directing New Moon supposedly due to scheduling conflicts. It was instead directed by Chris Weitz.
* New Moon had its American premiere on November 16, 2009, which, in the lunar cycle, is a new moon.
* In TMZ's poll asking over 66,000 people who'd they rather: Edward or Jacob, 61% howled for Team Jacob. Next question—who’s surprised by that?