If you still haven't seen Star Wars: The Force Awakens because you're waiting for the home video release, we've got some new details for you. And if you've seen Star Wars: The Force Awakens numerous times in the theater and look forward to owning it so you can see it over and over again at home, too, you'll be interested in this guide, as well.
Here are the dates for when the record-breaking blockbuster hits different formats:
April 1: Your very first option will be to purchase a digital copy from iTunes, Amazon or another outlet of your choice a few days early. You'll also have the opportunity to get some of the movie's special features (see details on all of them below), including three minutes of unseen footage spread over seven deleted scenes, though specific bonus goodies may vary by outlet.
April 5: If you'd rather have a physical copy of the movie with the packaging and such, this is your date to get The Force Awakens on DVD or Blu-ray, the latter in a Combo Pack. Either of these formats should include all bonus features, as detailed below. There will be no director's cut here or anywhere, as was recently revealed by J.J. Abrams.
· Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey – For the first time, discover the complete story behind the making of The Force Awakens, revealed through in-depth footage and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers in this feature documentary.
· The Story Awakens: The Table Read – Cast members familiar and new reflect on the memorable day they all first came together to read the movie’s script.
· Building BB-8 – See how the filmmakers brought the newest droid to the screen, creating an instant fan favorite in the Star Wars universe.
· Crafting Creatures – Watch movie magic as the filmmakers bring a cast of new creatures to life.
· Blueprint of a Battle: The Snow Fight – Go deeper into the epic, climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren.
· John Williams: The Seventh Symphony – The legendary composer shares personal insights of his work on Star Wars and The Force Awakens.
· ILM: The Visual Magic of The Force – An insider’s look into the remarkable digital artistry of the movie’s visual effects.
· Force For Change – Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. See how the Star Wars: Force for Change initiative has united Star Wars fans all over the globe to help others.
· Plus Deleted Scenes
Check out a new home video trailer highlighting the bonus goodies:
August or September: This is the estimated time, based on the usual release window of almost nine months, for when the movie will premiere on cable, specifically on Starz. At or around the same time, The Force Awakens will become available to stream on Netflix -- in Canada, only.