Guess What Actress Might be in 'Star Wars', Plus More Updates from a Galaxy Far, Far Away

Guess What Actress Might be in 'Star Wars', Plus More Updates from a Galaxy Far, Far Away

Sep 19, 2013

Saoirse RonanHope you’re ready for some Star Wars: Episode VII updates, because our friends at Latino Review have rounded up some new gossip that has the Internet buzzing. First up, some casting gossip.

There’s all kinds of secrecy surrounding who’s up for what parts – as is to be expected – so take all of this with a grain of salt. That being said, we’ve learned that an actress has taken a meeting with the Star Wars team – Saoirse Ronan. That’s right, the Hanna and Atonement actress appears to be in the running for a role.

All we know at this point is that she took a meeting, but that hasn’t stopped people from speculating that she’s up for the female villain part in the new series. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Next up, we now know that at least part of the film will be shooting in the City of Crosses, Las Cruces, New Mexico. From the pics Latino Review has gathered up, this looks like a pretty great stand-in for Tatooine. Of course, every time I see anything shot in New Mexico these days, I immediately think of Breaking Bad. Maybe they can cast Dean Norris or something.

According to sources, 90% of the filming will be done in London, with the other 10% split between L.A. and New Mexico – and any other locales we haven’t yet heard about.

Finally, Latino Review is sticking by its guns on the Benedict Cumberbatch casting. While there have been denials of his involvement in the new trilogy, there were also denials about who he was playing in Star Trek, and those denials were wrong.

LR goes on to add that the actor’s part in Episode VII will be small, but will bloom into a much larger role in the sequels.

So, what do you make of all these Star Wars updates? Saoirse Ronan casting could be interesting.

[via Latino Review]

 

 

MORE FROM AROUND THE WEB:

Categories: News, Buzz Bin, Rumors, Sci-Fi
blog comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement

Facebook on Movies.com

The Burning Question

Which one of these people is in the movie How to Train Your Dragon 2?

  • Regina Hall
  • Roger Hewlett
  • Kristen Wiig
  • Kevin Durand
Get Answer Get New Question

Kristen Wiig