If Arnold Schwarzenegger’s business is killing, then this new supercut video proves that he's been very successful at his work during his career. Like mass-murderer successful, which makes it good that no one was actually killed in any of his movies.
The guys at Auralnots are connoisseurs of Schwarzenegger’s cinema – especially the bloody bits. As such, they’ve crafted this absolutely fabulous 30-minute clip recounting every kill in Ah-nold’s films – in chronological order, no less. You really have to admire that sort of dedication.
The team lays out the ground rules for the count as follows:
1. Guns, blades and projectiles always kill unless otherwise depicted.
2. Close proximity explosions kill unless otherwise depicted.
3. Indirect kills as a result of an explicit action by Arnold count.
4. Kills must occur on-screen, or be reasonably indicated through on-screen action.
5. Dream sequences, fantasies or movies within a movie count. If it's on-screen, it's a kill.
6. People that are killed more than once count each time.
7. We don't care what Mossberg says in T2. They didn't show that many.
8. Everything up to Escape Plan. Nothing unavailable on Blu-ray.
Using those parameters, the Auralnots come up with a grand total of 509 Schwarzenegger-related deaths. More than enough to put him ahead of our most prolific serial killers, but not enough to get him in the same league as most third world dictators. Of course, with Arnold back in front of the camera, this number is sure to increase. Keep reaching for the stars, Arnold!
Watch the clip below and let us know your favorite Schwarzenegger kill. And for extra Schwarzenegger history, watch it with a surprisingly informative commentary from the film nerds who put it together.
MORE FROM AROUND THE WEB: