The sign of a true Best Picture winner should be one that moviegoers fully support... right? Sure, general moviegoers don't get to vote on the Oscars, but when their opinions match that of Academy voters, then we're all good -- we've found the film most deserving of Hollywood's highest honor.
And according to a Fandango survey of more than 1,000 moviegoers, that movie this year is The Revenant, which also happens to be the current frontrunner for Best Picture. The Leo DiCaprio-lead survival movie enjoyed a late surge this awards season, pushing past other favorites like Spotlight and The Big Short at the box office and within the court of public opinion. That doesn't guarantee it the Oscar, but let's just say it's lookin' good.
Other moviegoer favorites include Leonardo DiCaprio (who's itching to take home his first Oscar), as well as Jennifer Lawrence (Joy), Sylvester Stallone (Creed) and Kate Winslet (Steve Jobs). Could both Titanic stars walk away with Oscars come Sunday night? What do you think?
Check out the full list of results below. And here's a bonus mashup of the Best Picture nominees to refresh your memory before the big show.
FANDANGO SURVEY RESULTS: Who Should Win the Oscars?
1. THE REVENANT
2. THE MARTIAN
3. MAD MAX: FURY ROAD
4. BRIDGE OF SPIES
6. THE BIG SHORT
1. Leonardo DiCaprio ("The Revenant")
2. Matt Damon ("The Martian")
3. Michael Fassbender ("Steve Jobs")
4. Eddie Redmayne ("The Danish Girl")
5. Bryan Cranston ("Trumbo")
1. Jennifer Lawrence ("Joy")
2. Cate Blanchett ("Carol")
3. Brie Larson ("Room")
4. Saoirse Ronan ("Brooklyn")
5. Charlotte Rampling ("45 Years")
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR:
1. Sylvester Stallone ("Creed")
2. Christian Bale ("The Big Short")
3. Tom Hardy ("The Revenant")
4. Mark Ruffalo ("Spotlight")
5. Mark Rylance ("Bridge of Spies")
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
1. Kate Winslet ("Steve Jobs")
2. Rachel McAdams ("Spotlight")
3. Rooney Mara ("Carol")
4. Jennifer Jason Leigh ("The Hateful Eight")
5. Alicia Vikander ("The Danish Girl")