Welcome to Jaws Week! When it was announced that Steven Spielberg's Jaws was arriving on Blu-ray, we thought it'd be perfect to dedicate an entire week to the movie that created the summer blockbuster. Every day this week we'll be posting an assortment of really fun features tied to the film, its production, its legacy, its fans, its merchandise and so much more.
In honor of its highly anticipated Blu-ray debut, we're putting on a whole Jaws Week here at Movies.com, each day posting new features dedicated to one of the best Summer movies of all time. But for as much as we love talking about Steven Spielberg's seminal film, we love watching it even more. And we hope you do, too, because Universal has squared us away with a handful of copies to give away to readers.
We'll have a full review of the Blu-ray soon, but you won't have to take our word for how gorgeous it is. You can have a copy of your own, totally free of charge. All you need do is leave a comment on this post using a valid email address.* Open to U.S. residents 18 and over, please. No need to write any essays proclaiming your love for the film, but to make things interesting, let us know how old you were when you first saw Jaws. We're curious to pinpoint the average age when people first started fearing the ocean.
Oh, and not only will winners receive the Blu-ray, but they'll also get this nifty, not-for-sale Jaws keychain/bottle opener as well.
Blu-ray™ Bonus Features:
· The Shark Is Still Working: The Impact & Legacy of JAWS: All-new feature-length documentary featuring never-before-seen footage and interviews with cast and crew including Steven Spielberg, Richard Dreyfuss and Roy Scheider.
· JAWS: The Restoration: An all-new, in-depth look at the intricate process of restoring the movie.
· The Making of JAWS: A two-hour documentary featuring interviews with key cast and crew.
· From the Set: An insider’s look at life on the set of JAWS, featuring an interview with Steven Spielberg.
· Deleted Scenes & Outtakes
· JAWS Archives: Take a peek inside the JAWS archives, including storyboards, production photos and marketing materials, as well as a special segment on the JAWS phenomenon.
· Original Theatrical Trailer
· UltraViolet™: The revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows, store them in the cloud, and download and stream instantly to computers, tablets and smartphones. Currently available in the United States only.
· Digital Copy: Viewers can redeem a digital version of the full-length movie from a choice of retail partners to watch on an array of electronic and portable devices.
· pocket BLU™ App: The popular free pocket BLU™ app for smartphones is now even better with newly updated versions for iPad®, Android™ tablets, PC and Macintosh computers, with features made especially to take advantage of the devices’ larger screens and high resolution displays.
Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray™ player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live™ functions with ease.
Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the film.
Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray™ discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
Browse Titles: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket BLU™-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray™. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
Keyboard: Entering data is fast and easy with your device’s intuitive keyboard.
· BD-LIVE™: Access the BD-Live™ Center through your Internet-connected player to access the latest trailers, exclusive content and more!
DVD Bonus Features:
· Spotlight on Location: The Making of JAWS: Highlights from the full-length documentary featuring interviews with key cast and crew.
The deadline for this giveaway is Wednesday, August 15 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
*Note: Please don't publicly post your email address, just make sure it's tied to whatever account you post under.