The 2013 Golden Globe Awards took place last night, and while the show didn't produce a ton of surprising and memorable moments, it did have plenty of laughter and emotion, with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler knocking their hosting duties out of the park. But before we get to those two ladies, we begin with the night's most memorable moment: an unforgettable speech from Jodie Foster, receiving the Cecille B. DeMille award.
1. Jodie Foster owned the entire night with this Cecille B. DeMille speech. What started out as fairly basic "thank you" chatter quickly veered off the script and transformed into a gusty and passionate (if a bit rambly) speech about being your own person and loving the hell out of those who support you the most. We wouldn't be surprised if this moment goes down as the most memorable one of the current awards season.
2. Perhaps auditioning for next year's hosting duties, Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig turned their presentation into... well, watch it for yourself.
3. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's intro was easily one of the best we've seen in years.
4. Former President Bill Clinton surprised the crowd by walking out to introduce Lincoln.
5. Fey and Poehler, who unfortunately disappeared for a large chunk of the night to make room for awards, returned later on with a couple drinks in hand, looking for trouble.
Their drunken hilarity eventually lead to the the night's most memorable GIF: Drunk Glenn Close [via Vulture]
Top 3 Acceptance Speeches
1. Jessica Chastain, Zero Dark Thirty (Best Actress, Drama)
2. Ben Affleck, Argo (Best Director)
3. Anne Hathaway, Les Miserables (Best Supporting Actress)
Check out all of the 2013 Golden Globe winners right here.
Follow along on Twitter @ErikDavis and @Moviesdotcom.