Damn that's a clever headline! Wordplay is so important.
Anyway, listen! Despite the fact that you'll probably see The Avengers two or three more times before September 25th, we already have all the details on the dvd and blu-ray release. Including the shiny cover!
Of particular interest to me is the absence of an "extended" cut, athough (as you'll see below) there are plenty of deleted scenes on board. You don't think we'll be getting a big, fat DIRECTOR'S CUT somewhere down the line, do you? (That was sarcasm; I totally want that director's cut.) Thanks to JoBlo's and Blu-Ray.com, we can tell you that The Avengers will be released in 2-disc standard, 2-disc blu, and a 4-disc mega-set, and here's the table of contents:
• AUDIO COMMENTARY BY DIRECTOR JOSS WHEDON
• MARVEL ONE-SHOT: ITEM 47
• SECOND SCREEN
• GAG REEL
• DELETED SCENES
- Alternate Opening - Maria Hill Interrogation
- Extended Scene - Loki & Barton Strategize
- Steve Rogers - Man Out of Time
- Nick Fury & World Security Council
- Extended Viaduct Fight - Raw Footage
- Fury & Hill Discuss the World Security Council
- Extended Scene - Banner and Security Guard
- Alternate Ending - Maria Hill Interrogation
A Visual Journey
Assembling the Ultimate Team
• SOUNDGARDEN MUSIC VIDEO - "Live to Rise"
There's also word of a 10-disc super-mega-box that would include Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, and Captain America -- which is probably bound to be a pretty hot Christmas gift come December.